Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012 Goals - Weekly Schedule

Warning before you read:  This is just a little update on my 2012 goals, and therefore will be pretty dry.  Feel free to skip :)

This year, one of my big focuses is organization - household organization, and organization of my time.  I found a few years ago that as a stay-at-home mom, I do best when I create a schedule for myself to guide me through the day.  If I don't, I end up wandering from one task to the next, leaving each half done, and feeling overwhelmed because there is SO MUCH TO DO and I don't know what to focus on first.  With a schedule, I know that the kitchen floor will be mopped on Friday, and the cabinets wiped down on Monday.  So on the other days, I don't worry about it!  It's pretty freeing.

I used Microsoft Excel to create my schedule, creating it just like I used to make my weekly schedules when teaching.  It's posted below.  I'll let you know how it works for me, and if we're able to stick with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment